Saturday 15 March 2014

A Diamond In The Rough


I love spring. It means summer is on its way. 
I may be a little premature, but in my optimism, I have decided the rain has stopped, the sun is out, spring is here. 

I love London in the Spring and Summer. Just like a flower it blossoms and comes to life. We start to see all those shy and retiring fashionistas who have been hiding under their winter coats, shred their outer layers and say "Hello World!"

At the start of each season I go through the same mini breakdown where I have a complete style overhaul which ends in a personal fashion evolution, each time finding myself in the new prints, colours and fabrics that I engorge myself with. However being a young 24 year old fashionista, with a shopping addiction, in London has its financial difficulties. Just like 'The Girl In The Green Scarf' I see each new item as an investment, something I truly need, something I would die for. Fashion is an investment into you as an individual, it gives you a sense of self and an individuality that can only be yours.

So with the financial strains that the ever developing world of fashion brings, I try to stay on trend, but in budget. As much as I would love to take a credit card and go on a shopping spree in Versace,(honestly, I have had to stop myself from doing this on numerous occasions) it is just not a feasible option. Therefore I find myself on the high street, searching for glimmers of hope. Many high street stores have really stepped up there game over the past few years and now Topshop is walking at LFW, Zara is being featured in Vogue and Donatella is collaborating with H&M.

 I used to be mortified to say that I had stepped through the gates of hell and actually left with a brown paper bag in my hand. However, I don't feel like I have ever worn a pair of trousers so much in my life and I think that it important to address that we can achieve high fashion looks at high street prices. Just because money is tight does not give us the excuse to throw on a dirty t-shirt and some tracksuit bottoms and think that it is ok! 

Yes, the tailoring is poor and the quality isn't high, but what do you expect for £7. Teamed with the right combination it is possible to find a diamond in the rough.








H&M Go Gold Tshirt, H&M Fedora, AAA for Topman Shirt, Monki Clutch, Primark Leather Look Trousers, Tresore Paris Bracelet, Topshop rings, Schuh Platform Pumps



No comments:

Post a Comment