Saturday 8 March 2014

The Beard: A Modern Accessory

This is one for all you beard lovers out there.
Just like a set of midi rings, a golden chain or a kilt I have come to the conclusion that a beard is the most fashionable accessory a man can have this season. The Beard holds the same power as a perfectly tailored suit or a pair of Prada brogues. 

I read an article recently that said, a man with a beard is, scientifically, at his most attractive, where as a man with a moustache is considered to be creepy. That aside, it has come to my attention that if you had two men in the exact same outfit, one with a beard and one without, the guy sporting the trendy facial hair would be deemed the trend setter of the pair. 

This got me thinking about hair in general and how much our image is a complete look, literally from head to toe. When we watch a 'Live From The Red Carpet' we now have ManiCam's and 360º Cam's, which at first seems a little invasive but if you take into consideration the theory that a beard can change your entire look, then this new obsession with detail is just the evolution of people awareness with fashion.

As I sit here and write this article, I'm looking out onto the street and a man, dressed as I can only describe as a homeless farmer, walked past me, with a chin sprouting wonderfully thick ginger locks. This, and I do not lie, made him look good on impact. It's only when I took a second to fully address what he was wearing I realised he was in a gingham shirt and cargo pants, which is a look not even David Gandy could get away with. 

A beard is a gift, which only a few men are blessed with. I, for example, have the potential to grow a beard but I do not posses the bone structure to pull it off, my face is too short and a beard makes me look like a furry tennis ball. Others, cannot grow a beard at all, their follicles run and hide at the mention of the word. So to all the men out there that are lucky enough to have a face that can support The Beard, go for it! It's the most current trend for a man, the most sought after accessory, but get growing it quick, because all trends fade with time and soon The Beard will make you look like a lumberjack that has lost his way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment